Who says Easter can't be healthy? We're in love with Madeleine Shaw's Easter Nest recipe; they're free from dairy and refined sugar - so you can enjoy guilt free. They're also perfect for making with the kids and keeping them out of mischief during the more-than-likely wet Easter weekend.
So don your apron and getting baking!
- 120g good quality dark chocolate (Madeleine loves Ombar)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 110g cacao butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp freeze-dried raspberries
- 1 tsp finely chopped pistachios
- To make the nests: Melt the chocolate and honey together on a low heat, then add the desiccated coconut and milk and stir well. Pour the mixture into 8 cupcake cases to mould the nests. Leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make the eggs: Melt down the cacao butter with the honey on a low heat. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Divide the mixture into two and place the raspberries in one and chopped pistachios in the other. Pour the mixture into the small egg moulds and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place the eggs in the nests and sprinkle with more desiccated coconut.
Team ESC x